We will be starting a Journeyman League on August 11th. The first Wednesday of play will be August 13th. More information is available on the Events page. Hope to see everyone there!
Alright everybody here in the Gallatin county, the summer 2012 Journeyman Slow-Growth league is nearing. Here are the schedule and official rules:
- Week 1 – July 18th through July 24th (battlebox only)
- Week 2 – July 25th through July 31st (15 pts, using battlebox)
- Week 3 – August 1st through August 7th (25 pts, using battlebox)
- Week 4 – August 8th through August 14th (25 pts, using battlebox, can switch caster)
- Week 5 – August 15th through August 21st (35 pts, using battlebox, can switch caster)
- Week 6 – August 22nd through August 28th (any 35 pts)
- Awards – August 29th
The official rules are found here, but for our local event we will be making the following changes:
- You will be allowed to record your 3 best games each week only. You CAN play more than 3, and just record your 3 best.
- The entrance fee is $10, and is payable directly at Rooks Comics and Games.
- All games will be directly reported to me in person on Wednesday nights, or the results will be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I will keep the overall standings posted on Sustained Attack, but individual points totals will be kept secret from other players.
- There are a few modifications to the way I will be awarding points for painting models. To alleviate confusion, here are the complete model painting point rules:
Warcasters, warlocks, warbeasts, warjacks, and solos: 3 points for a large-based model, 2 points for a medium-based
model, and 1 point for a small-based model
Battle engines, Colossals, and Gargantuans: 5 points
Small-based units: 1 point per model if the unit’s minimum or maximum size is finished.
Medium-based units: 2 points per model if the unit’s minimum or maximum size is finished.
Large-based units: 3 points per model if the unit’s minimum or maximum size is finished.
If you have any questions at all, leave a comment here or find me at Rooks on Wednesdays.
Now, play like you’ve got a pair!