We had a great time with Speedmachine last night. Thanks for all 13 players who came out to play. Our final table saw Jamal running pVlad with 6 berserkers going up against Carson and Thagrosh, carnivean, ravagore, and scythean. In the end, Carson was able to overcome Vlad’s insane defense and take the win.
- First Place: Carson (Legion)
- Second Place: Jamal (Khador)
- Fastest Win: Jay (Khador – Victory with 15:39 left on his deathclock
- Random Drawing: Zach (Cryx)
The Bodger Bowl schedule is live for Bodger Bowl III. First games are tomorrow night, Wednesday the 30th of October. If you are not playing in the bowl, come on down for games anyway – there will be people looking for additional games, or games because they had to reschedule. Hope to see you all there!
The Convergence Release event today was awesome. Everyone seemed to have a good time, and they played their hearts out. It was great to see everyone getting into the game. Congratulations to the winners, and I hope we will continue to see this level of engagement in the community!
Upcoming events on the events page include a Steam Roller on October 6th, and opening of signup for Bodger Bowl III. Hope to see everyone in the upcoming events. Even if not, hope to see you there playing games!
The Convergence of Cyriss Release event is scheduled for next Sunday, September 22nd at Rook’s Comics and Games. You can see more information on the events page.
I am still working on finalizing the rules for the next Bodger Bowl – I apologize for the delay. The rules will be very similar to last year’s rules. Signups will start next week, and I will have official dates then. I was going to finish it up this weekend, but some things took much longer than I anticipated.
I will also be finalizing the dates for an upcoming Steamroller tournament in October. Hope to see you all in the shop Wednesday for continued tournament play!
This is a reminder that tonight is the King of the Hill event at Rook’s Comics and Games. Starts at 6. Come on down and play for some smash-em-up damage!
Also, this Sunday is the Hardcore event. 1 list, 50 points, 7 minute turns. We are not requiring fully painted/modeled, but no proxies (as usual for tournaments).
We added a Master’s event on the 21st of April, and on the 24th of April is a Speedmachine event. As always, you can see the upcoming list of events on the events page. See you all at the shop, chewing through some metal!
UPDATE: I modified the scoring to be more clear on damaging Warcaster/Warlock. You score a point for each unique enemy Warcaster/Warlock damaged on the table.
We have an upcoming King of the Hill tournament at your Friendly Local Game Store. It will be on April 3rd, starting at 6 PM and will go until 10 PM. I wanted to run over the rules involving the play and list building specific to this format. Please note that this format is different from the last time I ran it, so make sure you read the rules before coming if you were in the last one.
- 25 points
- You may bring 1 list, although I will allow you to change out your list once during the evening if you so desire
- You can spend no more than 5 points on non-warjack/warbeast models
- This includes all units, solos, battle engines, etc
- You can include Warjacks/Warbeasts that are not a part of the battlegroup, but the points you spend on a ‘jack marshall (for instance), will still count against your 5 points of non-warjack/warbeast points
- Lesser Warlocks with set attached beasts (i.e. Rorsch and Brine, not the new Legion lesser warlock) count as Warjack or Warbeast points for their points
- The scenario is set up with a single 12″ circle directly in the middle of a 4’x4′ table. This is the control zone
- The players all start in a corner with a 10″x10″ deployment zone. Advanced deployment will move them to 16″x16″, and theme list benefits that extend range extend both dimensions
- When a player’s Warcaster or Warlock is destroyed or removed from play, that player is eliminated from that table. The next player waiting to play steps into their place and deploys in the defeated player’s starting corner. That player’s models follow the same rules as flags (cannot be targeted, are incorporeal, cannot have damage dealt to them, are immune to all in game effects essentially, cannot be moved, etc) until that player has a first turn. After that, the models behave as normal.
- 10 minute turns per player. If your timer runs out during your turn, your turn ends immediately, as per the timed turn rules in Steamroller 2013.
- The first time you damage
an each enemy Warcaster or Warlock on a particular table, you earn 1 victory point
- Note that continuous effects are not owned, so damage from a continuous effect does not count here
- When a player deploys to a table, either to start the game off, or to come in after another player has been defeated, he/she treats the table as if it was a brand-new table for scoring purposes, even if they have played at that table previously during the event.
- When you assassinate an enemy Warcaster or Warlock (destroyed or RFP from an attack or collateral damage from an attack that one of your models made), you earn one victory point.
- This is on top of the victory point you get for damaging the enemy Warcaster or Warlock
- Note that continuous effects are not owned, so if a Warcaster or Warlock is killed from a continuous effect roll, no one counts as having assassinated them. They are still eliminated from the table as normal
- If you control the zone (as per Steamroller 2013 rules for controlling), you earn 3 victory points
- If you dominate the zone (as per Steamroller 2013 rules for domination), you earn 5 victory points
- Scoring for the zone happens at the end of every player’s turn
- Scoring for the zone starts at the end of the first player’s second turn, when a table is first starting out (i.e. all players have one turn before anyone can score)
- The winner is the one with the most victory points at the end of the event
- There will also be a hidden vote for the person who was the best sport during the event.
I hope to see you all there! We will have one table to start with, but if we get enough participants, we will open up more as the need demands. Once we have three players waiting for a table, a new table will be set up. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me either on here (via comments), the mailing list, or in person.
Bodger Bowl II signups begin tonight at Rook’s. You have until the 14th of October to sign up, but I strongly recommend you all sign up as soon as possible. NO LATE SIGN UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED! I have to spend a lot of time getting the divisions and the schedules made. I appreciate everyone’s cooperation and support with this!
The official page, which will include all current standings, schedule and injuries/bonds, is on this site (linked above). Also, were you aware we have an events page with all of the upcoming events in Bozeman? Take a look!
I know I am really excited for this upcoming event, and based on the survey results, everyone else seems to be too!