I have continued to paint up my Satyxis raiders. This week I continued to do a little more work on the face and other skin portions of the models. I have been working on the process of two brush blending to make the accents in the flesh more gradual. Now that I had the basic flesh done I continued onto the block painting for the other regions of the model.
- For the leather regions on her armor I started with Cryx Bane Base. I didn’t think the Thrallmar Black would look quite natural enough.
- I also used this for the base region of the chain mail.
- I based the metal regions and the chain weapon in Gun Metal from Army Painter.
- Her cloak has been based in Beaten Purple.
- The Horns were based in a deep rich brown
- For now the Hair was based in a deep grey so I can try to make her hair a more silver.
Apologies for the blurry image this week, being sick and shaky hands made this a little harder, but as you can see her umm female accents turned out quite nicely.
I was surprised that the Cryx Bane Base made a better initial base than the Thrallmar Black. But I guess that true black doesn’t exist in nature so it makes a little more sense. That also helps keep the theme of the entire army together.
I also used this as the base of the chainmail. I really don’t care for drybrushing. It isn’t something that I am very good at yet, but it is a lot easier than individually painting all the links of the chain. So that will happen this next week.
The Gun Metal was a nice deep silver colour. It will let me do a few other shades of silver later to bring up the tone.
Using Beaten Purple for the cloak should help bring a richness to the cloak. I will actually be doing the highlighting in more of a red tone to create a more drastic difference between the deepest and highest points in the cloak.
The Horns are the deep brown and I will be using some of my flesh tones later to lighten up the horns layer by layer.
Next week I will be moving from the basing to the detailing on the legs, chain and finally the cloak.