Starting in July, Rooks Comics and Games is going to play host to another Warmachine/Hordes Journeyman Slow-Growth League. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this format, it is designed to be the perfect entry point for new players (or experienced players looking to start a new faction). The format is 6 weeks, where every week has a steadily increasing point level. In the beginning, players just run the battle boxes for their factions, and each week can add a few models to their army. This design is great for new players as it greatly restricts the number of different models they have to face and become familiar with. The schedule is as follows:
- July 18 through July 24th: BattleBox only games
- July 25th through July 31st: 15 pt games including all battlebox contents
- August 1st through August 7th: 25 pt games including all battlebox contents
- August 8th through August 14th: 25 pt games including all battlebox contents (you may substitute one warlock/warcaster for your battlebox warlock/warcaster this week)
- August 15th through August 21st: 35 pt games including all battlebox contents (you may substitute one warlock/warcaster for your battlebox warlock/warcaster this week)
- August 22nd through August 28th: 35 pt games with no list restrictions
At Rooks, we are going to let every record their three best games each week, which should make it less likely anyone just rolls to the top via playing endless games. You can check out the full standard rules here. The only other alteration we will have is a slight difference to painting points, to further encourage players to paint full units. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment here or drop me an email at dbsmash [at] gmail [dot] com.